and half up-front after the art concept is agreed upon.
crochet ◊ illustrations ◊ drawings ◊ how to order
Crochet dolls (aka Amigurumi)
- Can be a character or object from a television, movie, or video game series, or based on the likeness of a real person, animal, or personal creation.
- Available in two approximate sizes: small (5 inches tall) or large (8 inches tall). Dolls will be able to stand on their own unless otherwise noted.
- The dolls are made with worsted acrylic yarn, cotton embroidery thread, and polyester fiber filling. They come from a smoke-free home, but there used to be cats so the allergy-prone please be warned.
- Pricing is based on character design difficulty, yarn color palette, and time required to craft it. An easier doll is in the $30 range while the more difficult may be $50+. There may be a discount if ordering multiple dolls.
- I will begin working on the doll(s) as soon as the first payment is received, and may take two-to-four weeks to finish each one, depending on the design difficulty. I will give you an estimate at the beginning of the project, and will periodically give you an update on the progress. Please let me know if you need it by a specific date. (like a birthday gift, etc)
- Items are only being shipped to the United States at this time. (Sorry!) They are mailed via USPS First Class or Priority depending on the package's final weight, and come with a tracking number. Note, the shipping price will be added to your second/final payment, but it will be the fairest deal I can get.
- Can feature character(s) from a television, movie, or video game series, or based on the likeness of a real person, animal, or personal creation.
- Drawn and colored on the computer, I go all-out with these drawings, so pricing starts at $40 dollars for one character.
- Each additional full-body character (human or animal) is $10, as well as if the background is especially detailed. (additional small animals/creatures or background people will not accrue this unless there are many of them. These details will be negotiated before the price is agreed on.)
- An additional $5 to $10 may be added if the picture's design is complex enough to require hours of research. (this will also be mentioned during negotiation.)
- I will begin working on this once the first payment is received. It may take a month or two to finish depending on the picture's complexity; I will give an estimate at the beginning of the project, and will send periodic updates on the progress. Please let me know if you need this by a certain date.
- The final picture will be large enough for printing, and the full-size file will be either emailed to you or be downloadable from this website, per your choice.
- The difference between these drawings and the full-scale illustrations is Time and Nature. These are done faster, they generally don't have a background unless it's a simple design, and the character actions are not complex.
- Pricing starts at $10 for one character, with $3 per additional character or animal. (Small accessory details won't be an additional cost.)
- Can be drawn digitally or traditionally with pen & watercolor pencils. For traditional drawings, it can be made on glossy paper or watercolor paper (+$4). These prices are for small card sizes, but if you want a full-size sheet (8x11 Glossy or 9x12 Watercolor), that will have an additional cost based on color palette and drawing design, and will be negotiated.
- If you choose digital, the finished file will be emailed to you or be available for download, and will be large enough for printing. If you choose traditional, it will be mailed to you and the shipping cost will be added to your final payment.
How to order Once you have considered what you would like, you can email me at to discuss it. There is a form a few paragraphs down with additional info that I will need. We'll talk about the idea, and if it's something I can do I'll give you a price and time estimate. If we come to an agreement, you can send half of the cost to my PayPal account and I will begin working on the art/crochet project. I only accept payment through PayPal -- if you do not have one, it is easy to set up and only takes a few days to verify. I will periodically contact you to give an update on the project progress. If you ever have any questions regarding something, please feel free to contact me. When the project is finished, I will send you a preview of it for final confirmation. Then you can send me the final half of the payment (plus shipping if it is a crochet or watercolor), and then I will either mail it to you or send you the file/download. I retain the rights to the drawings and crochet, and will post them online unless otherwise negotiated. You may print the art or make other images from it, but you may not duplicate it for selling.
Some things that I will not draw/make:
- extreme violence.
- anything demonic or extremely disturbing.
A quick list of information that I will need for your commission:
→ Project type: (crochet, illustration, simple drawing.)
→ Character(s) you want the project to be of. If they are from a show/etc, please give their full name and series title. If it is based on a real person or animal, I will ask for reference photos if I agree to it.
→ Project details: (For crochet: doll size, for drawings: digital or traditional. For any: references for character clothing or style, and the type of scene or mood.)
→ Deadline, if there is one. If this is a gift for someone, I need to know from the start. Please order at least three months in advance if this is the case.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
Thank you for looking this over; I look forward to doing business with you. :)